Wednesday 2 April 2008

Indifference looms larger than chains




As French authorities are making great efforts to liberate Ingrid Bettancourt from the FARC I can't stop thinking of Guilad Shalit, another French citizen held hostage.


Ingrid was kidnapped by the FARC in 2002, today she is suffering from hepatitis and is closer to death than life itself. I'm holding my breath, hoping that the efforts will pay and that she will be surronded by her children as soon as possible. As for Galit, I wish and pray that the Israeli and French government will act soon and not wait until he is dying to try to liberate him.

Guilad was only 19 years old when he was captured by HAMAS in June 2006, his only crime was to be in the wrong place on the wrong time during his military service.






3 comments:

Ilanadavita said...

I had been meaning to write about this for some time, so I'm glad you've done it. Concerning Guilad Shalit I find the silence in France deafening (as the saying goes). I will link to you blog instead.
Are you from Sweden originally? The top photo on my blog was taken during a visit there.

Svensk chekchouka said...

Yes, I was born in Sweden and have Swedish parents. I came to France in early 90's. The pic's beatiful, do you speak and read Swedish?
I'll put your blog in "blogs I read"
Kram

Ilanadavita said...

I have just written the post and have also added a recipe for a Pesach chocolate cake, in a different post.
Ja, jag talar lite svenska.