Wednesday 16 April 2008

Done with the cleaning!


aaahhhhh... back to life after three days with the hoover stuck to my right hand, I will sleep well and tomorrow morning I'll start the cooking-frying-baking part.

The house is cleaner than ever, and we're 100 kilos lighter than a week ago. I've thrown and given away books we never read, old keyboards, clothes, two boxes of tiles, the flexibles I told you about, etc etc.

When I was going through the "first drawer" ( that's where we put everything from chewinggums to cheques) I came across the quote from the furniture mover company and realized that I had remebered the wrong figure. It wasn't 800 euros for 14 cubic meter but 1400 euros for 8 cubic meter. Thats expensive for lamps, books and photos...

Hag Saméa'h all of you, Happy passover, this year we will feel special when we say " next year in Jerusalem"...

6 comments:

Karin said...

We skipped the cleaning, since I will be away for Pesach and we are moving a week after it felt unnecessary! and very relaxing!

Ilanadavita said...

And I will think of your family when I say it.
Chag Kosher V'Sameach

Svensk chekchouka said...

Karin; try to take it easy, moving pregnant is very hard, (I've done it 3 times)
Happy passover!
Ilana: I'm doing "banatages" right now and for shabat lunch I'll prepare fish with your chocolate mousse!!
That's very sweet of you to think of us, I wish you all the best!

Lillie plein damour said...

Jag ryser, tänk att om nâgra mânader sâ är ni i Israel.
Jag tar bordet och stolarna och OM du en dag vill ha tillbaka det som en viss annan person sâ feel free.
Puss

Katarina i Holon said...

Right now I finished the fridge, and that was the last thing I had to clean. The house is clean and kosher. Lovely! Hag samaecah ve kasher! Kram.

Mia said...

Vad duktig du e!

Vi slängde bort 2 containrar (!!) med grejer. De som hämtade containrarna skulle recycla allt om gick att recycla och en slänga resten. Plus 2 billass med nya barnkläder till välgörenhet.

Det var en sån lättnad! Tänk, nu e ni snart där! (Vi ska bli lantisar på brittiska landsbygden...here we go again... ;) )