Thursday 24 April 2008

Getting crazy...

Today I called a French girl in Israel who has a real estate agency in Tel Aviv, I never told you but we're actually looking for a shop to rent. She didn't have a shop but a beautiful appartement in Raanana to rent from June-her own. Five rooms, partly renovated with a teerace. I've been to Raanana twice but to be honest I was disapointed, did I go to the wrong places or what? I see now, googeling, that Raanana is claasified as one of the most beautiful towns in Israel with great schools and huge parks ( well, I knew about the parks, my friend "K" already told me)
Two questions to answer..
1. Aren't there too many French in Raanana? If there are, we will not learn any hebrew.
I remeber last time we went to a resturant on the main street, they all spoke perfectly French...
2. Isn't it sad to live so far from the beach? I dream about waking up in the morning, early, before everyone else, put my sneakers on and go for a walk on the beach...
We will try to check that out in a few weeks...

6 comments:

Saskia said...

Min kille bor där och säger han kan se stranden från sin balkong, det är iofs. en promenad dit på kanske 5km... och jo hans mor är fransyska... fast han kan inge franska så det kanske finns hopp ;)

Katarina i Holon said...

I don't go very often to Raanana so I cannot tell you if there are to many french people or not. Anyway, if you want to learn hebrew you can do so even if living in Raanana.

I know you love the sea, I also did in the beginning when I lived here. But now we live about ten minutes from the sea and I wouldn't like to live closer.

I think Raanana is a good place to live, but if you are not sure about wait a little bit more. And remember, even the city that won the "most beautiful city" contest is really not very beautiful comparing to european cities.

Svensk chekchouka said...

saskia; fem km lâter ok, jasâ din kille bor i raanana, dâ kanske jag kan fâ din uppfattning om staden i sommar!
K: Once I asked an Israeli at a jewish agency workfair if he thought Petah Tikva was nice. He stared at me for a few seconds as if I just escaped from a psychiatric hospital, slowly shook his head and said, -you're living in Paris and you ask if Petah Tikva is nice?????
I know it's ugly, the buildings look like shit in lots of places, but the land they're building on is beautiful, I guess that's what we're seeing when we're looking around... Living close to the sea seems to be very difficult EVERYONE says so, but I guess the first year will be a beach- ( and a "bitch" as the french would say) year. Anyway, we're going to visit the apprtement she's talking about and take a closer look at the city and its citizens.I can't wait going back!!!!!!

Ilanadavita said...

Maybe you could try to contact this blogger; she seems to live in Raanana:
http://raananaramblings.blogspot.com/

Svensk chekchouka said...

toda ilana, I've posted on her blog!

Jaacobi Natanel said...

I personally Like rannana, it is a nice city, and mycket trevligt,and very clean also, Little bit far from the beach, if you a beach person, (only if you are lazy) other then that, The city is amazing