Monday 28 July 2008

Say the word IKEA and I will puke.
5 hours yesterday, with 3 children running around touching everything, and now the livingroom filled with boxes and furniture to put together... In a sefardic couple like ours, where the man never approaches the kitchen unless it's because the woman called to say dinner is ready, I claim my right not to help with assembling the IKEA furniture, there has to be some justice even for us repressed!
This morning we registrered the children at Oulpan Akiva, they're going to follow the summer course during two weeks, it seemed to be a very nice program, they will study in the morning and play in the afternoon, and we, parents, will be able to breathe for a few hours.
It was encouraging meeting families who had survived their first year in Israel, and to see that their children where doing fine.
I am still very emotive, biting my lips when the neighbour's daughter passes buy asking if we are immigrants, wishing us welcome and good luck, or when discovering the language school with its swimmingpool and a basket ground, when an old man bends over my youngest daughter telling me she's beautiful and that she is the future of Israel...
I am proud to live here, and the feeling that we have made the right choice not only for us, but for our children is very strong. This morning when I looked through my livingroom window and watched the modern buildings of Tel Aviv I thought of the beginning, when there was only sand, only 60 years to build up all this, I'm happy that we will be a part of the comming 60!

4 comments:

Ilanadavita said...

It seems you are doing well.

Lillie plein damour said...

Min underläpp darrar...
I gâr stälde vi in er bäddsoffa i Ms rum och den luktade er...
Dâ fick jag târar i ögonen.

när man handlar pâ IKEA sâ borde varje möbel vara markerad med hur jäkla svârt det är att sätta i hop möbel helvetet och att frun borde gâ ut ur huset för maken kommer att vara pâ dâligt humör i flera timmar!
V är ofta pâ urkasst humör efter IKEA inhandlade möbler!
Puss

Svensk chekchouka said...

ilana, it's easier than I thought. The administartive part seems to be much faster and easier than in France!
Lillie, vilken bra idée! de borde ha en älg för enkel, 2 för medel etc!
Blev det bra med bäddsoffan dâ?
kram

Larssons said...

I LOVE IKEA!!! Kanske nu annu mer eftersom det ligger 5 timmars bilresa bort. Och sedan ar jag en jakel pa att motera ihop grejerna ocksa.
Harligt att det gar sa snabbt for er att komma igang med det nya livet. Trots byrakratikrangel...