Thursday 31 January 2008

...I will give them an everlasting name that shall never be effaced


Yad Vashem* ( Shoa memorial) has introduced an Arab version on their Web site. At the same time an opinion poll was published concerning Holocaust. The result shows that Arab-speaking Israeli citizens are 60 % to think that the Shoah should be taught in school. You may find shocking that 40% of the Arab immigrants in Israel don't think it's necessary but if you compare with the result of another poll that had been made where only 28 % of the inhabitants of Arab countries believes in the existence of the Shoah it's pretty encouraging.

Living with your enemy can sometimes provoke "the Stockholm syndrome"

I think it's a good idea adding Arab and Persian, Just imagine that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would visit and change his mind about Israel...



*The name Yad Vashem ("a monument and a name"), comes from Isaiah 56:5: "I will give them, in my house and in my walls, a monument and a name, better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that shall never be effaced."

No comments: