Monday 12 November 2007

Bar mitzvah gossip


Yesterday we had a Bar mitzvah. The whole community was there and we got the last important information of who was or wasn't invited to the sunday afternoon party at Deborah's, who is buying a house, who is selling, and who is angry with who...Actually it is like a big familly, people get angry with eachother but when someone really has a there are hundreds of helping hands.

All important events in life are shared; brit mila, bar mitzva, engagement, mariage and unfortenately sometimes sorrow.

Our Rabbi is almost always there, he must be tired of all these parties, I guess he would love to spend a Sunday night in his pyjamas in front of the tv...

I know I will miss the feeling of being part of a huge family, and probably the gossip part too...

2 comments:

Mia said...

It must be wonderful to have such a bit family to be part of. I sometimes miss my crazy Finnish relatives whom with we shared all our special *and not so special* occasions with. One aunt was the little rebel, which everyone gossiped about, one was terribly vain, the 3rd was diagnosed with scizofrenia and the 4th always had the worst fight with her husband *who was like Winnie the Poh* every time they visited. Only 4 of my 16 aunts and uncles lived in Sweden when I was growing up, I wonder what it would be like with even more of them.

Anyway, got lost a bit there in my own history, I am sure you will find many friendships in Israel and these will probably be for life.

kram!!

Lillie plein damour said...

I am sure that you will be able to build new relationships and new friends who will be your family in Israel.
The whole country seems to be a family....
I know and I am sure you will miss a lot, but I am sure that you will find a lot of love from a new family and a lot of friends.
I do love you and I will miss you a lot.