Monday 4 August 2008


Questions my Swedish brother will probably ask:




Why on earth are people eating bird seeds?


-You can divide people into categories, those who doesn't eat bird-seeds are "beginners"




What are they screaming for?


They are not screaming, they are talking, when they scream you run for your life!




Do they take drugs before getting in the car?


I guess they do, probably Speed, I have noticed the same phenomenon in Italy, south of Napoli and also Greece.




How do they queue jump when everybody has a numbered electronic queue ticket?


They stand all together clooose to the cashdesk telling the cashier there is no-one before them, waving their number 67, sometimes it works and the number-board goes from 61 to 67. I have witnessed it myself at the cityhall today!




Why are there so many women gesticulating and talking when I walk little "N" in her trolly?


Because you forgot to put her hat on, because she looks hungry, because she is cute, because she is a child, because she looks thirsty, because she looks too warm/cold/tired... In this country elder women are here to teach us younger how and what and when to do what with our children, one day I will probably gesticulate my self.


Why are they so kind to immigrants?


Because they themselves are immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. Because Israel needs its people to live here for many different reasons.



5 comments:

Ilanadavita said...

I like this post. When is your brother coming?

Svensk chekchouka said...

in february, my parents are defrosting at the moment, I think that procedure will last a while...
My husbands family is comming for Tishri.

Leora said...

This made me smile.

Baila said...

Nice one.

Lillie plein damour said...

Wow is he coming, good news!